Grand Designs

I am a fan of gorgeously grand wedding cakes. Of course they have to complement the theme for the day but when in your life are you going to be able to spoil yourself with a simply amazing cake? Your wedding day, that's when! I caught sight of this cake on the lovely blog Snippet & Ink and thought ohhh... how gorgeous! The bride had this to say about her cake.

"Our wedding cake was another wonderful surprise. Perfect Endings made the most beautiful cake, decorated with simple white buttercream and cyclamen flowers. I didn’t realize until later that they were made of sugar! (This cake from Perfect Endings has always been one of my favorites, so it was incredibly special to have them make our wedding cake, complete with sugar flowers.) There were two tiers of lemon sponge cake with lemon curd and two tiers of Mahogany cake (chocolate layer cake with chocolate hazelnut truffle cream). If I ever need another special occasion cake at anytime in my life, it will be Perfect Endings Mahogany cake… I dream about that cake…"

And there you have it. A cake that tastes as good as it looks!





Posted by Emilie Harrison
Bookmark and Share
You have read this article Cakes with the title Grand Designs. You can bookmark this page URL http://celebratetheyear.blogspot.com/2011/04/grand-designs.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Grand Designs"

Post a Comment