30th Birthday Celebrations
Well it was with a lot of hesitation and denial but I decided to embrace my 30th by having some girlfriends over for a champagne high tea at my place. I was inspired by the amazing high tea I had with my mum in London at The Lanesborough earlier this year. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try and do something similar. I spent quite some time pouring over magazines and cookbooks trying to work out what to make. I realised that I definitely enjoy the 'planning' side of parties compared with the actual 'doing'. Luckily I had pretty much everything made and looking pretty with about 2 minutes to spare before the first guest arrived!


The spread! I used an offcut of Designers Guild wallpaper left over from a photo shoot as a table runner. I also polished up some of my silverware collected over the years and used my Grandmothers cake plates.


Me in pink with some old school friends


Strawberries & cream in little paper cups


Chicken, tarragon, almond and rocket sandwiches, and mini lemon meringue pies


Prawn, lime and watercress sandwiches (I orignially made these for our tea party shoot in Issue 1 of Wedding Style Guide)


Green olive and artichoke tarts (made using the recipe found in Issue 1 of Wedding Style Guide)


Mini cupcakes (I always use the Magnolia Bakery cupcake recipe - it's definitely the best recipe I have found!)


I picked up this silver stand from a church sale for $5!


My husband Matt had drink pouring duties for the afternoon!

I had such a wonderful time with all of my friends and am so thankful to everyone who came and made it a special day.

Posted by Emma Henderson
You have read this article Theming with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://celebratetheyear.blogspot.com/2009/05/30th-birthday-celebrations-well-it-was.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment