Rewarding Awards
Earlier in the year I was very honoured to be asked to judge the Australian Graphic Design Association biennial awards - an amazing array of work from designers all around the country. It was an arduous task with more than 2000 pieces entered, each one of them of an excellent standard. I was sworn to secrecy, and wasn't allowed to tell anyone I was a judge until now - it was quite a challenge to keep quiet as the whole judging process was so interesting.

On Saturday night the awards were given at a presentation dinner where 450 designers from all over the country attended in anticipation of winning a coveted Pinnacle - the highest achievement. It was a fantastic night and a chance to catch up with designers from all disciplines.

As part of my role as a judge, I was asked to choose a piece to be given a Judge's Choice award. I chose this brochure from Voice Design for their client, photographer Toby Richardson who catalogued a variety of old mattresses. I so admire the concept of finding a story, and beauty, in something that others have discarded. I thought Voice did a great job at expressing that in their design and I especially loved the woven label that was attached to the front - an innovative and entirely appropriate use of materials.











Posted by Jane Cameron
You have read this article Design with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://celebratetheyear.blogspot.com/2008/10/rewarding-awards-earlier-in-year-i-was.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment